Monday 7 April 2014

Slow Going

I'm not enjoying this, and that's not like me.
But the truth is, I'm not enjoying writing the final Ondine novel.
It's written, but it's in seriously bad shape, and now I'm revising it and I don't think I've ever been so slow.

Is it because I can't bear to say goodbye to these people (who are so real to me)? Yes.
Is it because there is so much work to do? Very yes.
Is it because I set the bar so high with the first three books I feel like I'm trying to catch lightning in a bottle one more time? Much yessness.
Have I forgotten how to write? No.
Have I become lazy? Not exactly ... but reluctant. For all the reasons state above.
I don't have writer's block, but I have a bad case of the doubts and it's slowing me down. I'm more easily distracted than ever before. I'm tetchy and grumpy and distracted. Did I mention I'm getting distracted? Ohhh, look, a thing!

I suspect this is all normal, but now that I've admitted I have a problem, perhaps I can push through it and get this darn book written!!!!!



No comments: